>> Cultural due diligence on cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
Scientific studies show a failure rate between 50% - 80% of cross border mergers and acquisitions. Despite continuous globalization the expected synergy effects do not occur.
Why? In general, companies indicate that failure mainly occurs as a result of incompatible corporate cultures.
Cultural Due Diligence, in addition to a financial, legal and tax due diligence, aims to analyze, measure and take action against cultural risk potentials during M&A transactions.
ABConect works with a team of experts according to the following methodology for companies in the Pre- & Post Merger status:
- Cultures of both companies are analyzed with the help of scientifically based survey instruments and via interviews with more pragmatic, intuitive approaches.
- Cultural risks are identified and measures are set up to minimizing those risks.
- A new target culture is developed based on corporate strategy.
- Post-Merger-Integration (PMI) strategy is determined together with the executive management.
- Culture management aims to achieve a high employee acceptance for the change process.